NOW is the German federally owned organisation to design, coordinate and conduct funding programmes and public strategies in the field of sustainable mobility with alternative drives and fuels. In particular, NOW coordinates Germany´s research, development and investment funding programmes and the national strategy for the market ramp-up of alternative fuels in shipping:
- The Mobility and Fuels Strategy of the German Government
- The funding programme for LNG as a ship fuel
- The national innovation programme for hydrogen and fuel cell technology
- The funding programme for battery-electric mobility
- The funding programme for eco-friendly on-board power and mobile on-shore power supply
NOW brings together the interests of industry, research and development organizations with policy measures and governmental targets. NOW is member of several European and international partnerships.